Building Use Policy
In order to maintain a safe and orderly facility, each group using Holy Trinity’s (HTLC) building must be responsible for the care of the space they use and for the behavior of their participants.
Our goal is to provide a welcoming, clean and safe place for parishioners and community members to meet. The custodians and staff work hard to meet this goal, but sometimes rooms are used for more than one activity in a 24 hour period, which means we need the help and cooperation of the groups using the facility to meet these goals. Therefore, the following general rules have been established for the use of HTLC:
To reserve a room:
1) A facility use form (complete with the room set-up, needed equipment list and a certificate of insurance listing HTLC as an additional insured (i.e. proof that your organization has liability insurance) or a hold harmless agreement (attached)) will be turned in to the church secretary at least two weeks prior to the event. A phone request will temporarily hold the date however; if the paper work is not received another event may be booked in that time slot.
2) Groups that use the facility for ongoing meetings (such as the 3rd Tuesday of each month) need only fill out one Facility Use request form – noting each date a room will be needed.
3) Special events requiring different room(s) and/or set-ups should have a separate form completed for that particular event. Each group that meets needs to fill out these forms – all meetings must be on the schedule for your safety as well as ours.
Use of the building:
- There is no smoking permitted anywhere on HTLC property including the parking lots.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Red drinks of any kind are not permitted (because of the possibility of stains).
- Food and drink are to be contained in the rooms that you have reserved, only.
- Trash is to be removed to the dumpster and the bag replaced in the trash cans that have been used. (Replacement bags are in the bottom of the receptacle)
- Personal items are not to be stored at HTLC without permission. Items left at the church for longer than two weeks will be thrown away or donated to a charity.
- Chairs and tables are to be carried, not dragged. Deep scratches in the finish are the result of careless room re-arrangement. The custodian is available to do a room set up with two weeks prior notice. Significant floor damage may result in an additional charge.
- Blue painters’ tape is the only approved media to be used to attach items to the wall or floor.
- Bulletin Boards are provided throughout the facility, do not tape announcements to the doors, please check at the office for posting approval.
- The restrooms on the upper & lower levels are locked and must be opened with a key and relocked before you leave. Please check the restroom before you leave. This is due to reoccurring cases of vandalism.
- If you empty paint, clean out brushes or another messy activity, be sure to wipe out the sink and clean up any spills before you leave.
- Turn out all lights except the lights by the elevator on the main floor (marked) and the lights in the back of the sanctuary.
- Lock the facility when you leave, training is available. Each group using the facility will be assigned a key which will open the building and the restrooms.
- The person requesting is responsible for the behavior of the group. Damage to the facility or its furnishings may result in an additional charge.
Member Use of the Fellowship Hall or Gathering Place (no Kitchen) $50
With Kitchen $100
Non-Member use of Fellowship Hall or Gathering Place (no Kitchen) $100 +
$35 Custodial Fee/per Hundred attendees
With Kitchen $200 +
$35 Custodial Fee/per Hundred Attendees
Service Groups and Community Organizations No charge
Use of Sanctuary – please contact the church for approval – use must be approved by a pastor – please allow 1 month for approval.
Sanctuary Sound System $50 - we will provide an operator for the sound system if this is needed for your use of the sanctuary. Please contact the church at least 2 weeks prior to your event. The sound system is locked and not available without a trained PA Tech on site.
In order to develop a personal connection between Holy Trinity and on-going groups using the building, a staff member or a ministry team will meet you, show you your room assignment and review the expectations at your first or second meeting of the year. We will also “inspect” the room after use and contact you if there are any problems or questions. If there are questions regarding this policy, please call the church office at 964-4348.